H1N1 flu shot! help

OK LADIES. i have a very healthy 3 year old and a 1 year old that had open heart surgery at 5 mnths old. My peditricians and cardiologist say not to get the shot because its not 100% confirmed taht it works yet and taht it was rushed out too soon, ive also ready that children with heart problems should get it. I dont understand which is right or wrong answer. ive heard about to same deaths occuring from the H1N1 shot, iam just terrified to loose my children over a shot. PLEASE NO BASHING.

Worried Mom in Colorado.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Health

• i wouldnt do it pesonally. my 1 year old daughter (no health problems) actually got the swine flu. she took medicine and was fine within 3 days (it was like any other flu). i was scared bc i had a 2 month old in the house. but luckily he never contracted it from her. i think the shots are too new. just take extra precautions. wash hands and sanitize. i understand why you are concerned bc your 1 year old has an underlying medical condition. so do what you feel is best. you are the mom. whatever decision you make is the right one.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Thankyou so very much, Im feeling a little better now :) Thankyou!
    Anonymous

• I see it like this:

The ingredients to the H1N1 shot are the exact same as the seasonal flue shot (except for dead h1n1 virus instead of dead seasonal flue virus). So just apply however you feel about seasonal flue shots to this.
    Anonymous

• My 2 year old got h1n1 (I believe, my nephew had it and she was exposed...) and she didn't take any meds except fever reducer 1 time, and she was fine :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2010