I have a really strange question...hope somebody can help!

Let me preface this by saying that this is completely innocent and purely out of concern...
My friend and her 1 yr old son were over at my house the other day. She saw me changing my 1 yr old son's diaper, and started to get worried because my son's private area is substantially larger than her son's (I know, it seems competitive, but It's really not) She is concerned that during her son's circumcision, somebody may have made a mistake because it seems that his is always "hiding" so to speak, or inwards. Does she have any reason to be concerned? Is this common? She assumes that since I have 2 boys, that I would know the answer, but I have no idea. I'm really hoping that somebody will be able to provide some insight.
I told her that it was probably nothing, and that kids develop at their own pace (just like we did when we were kids), however she is still very concerned. I also told her to ask her Dr.

Any Ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is he a really chubby baby? That actually happened to a friend of mine. She asked the doctor and he poked the baby and his little willy popped out. lol He said nothings wrong, he's just chubby.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• LOL...That's pretty funny.

He's really big for his age...He's already wearing 24mo. clothing. He's not chubby per say, he's very tall and has a big bone structure. He doesn't have rolls or anything...

Anonymous

• My son was a chubby baby when he was younger and now he is 1 years old and his lil pee pee still looks like its always hiding. I have to push the skin back to make it look normal and to clean it. (He was circ. at birth too) Dr told me it was normal b/c he was a lil chunky when he was younger. I don't have any concerns about it really b/c it doesn't seem to bother him or phase him when he wets his diapers. Unless her boy is in any pain, I wouldn't worry much.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• For boys that are circed it is very common especially if they have a little extra fat on them. What you do need to be careful of is that they don't get adhesions and get stuck that way so you need to make sure they do poke out every once in a while (only circed boys, DO NOT retract an intact boy).
    Anonymous

• Everyone seems to be right on w/ this one. My son's was like a turtle, (sorry, just being honest). lol. I was worried the circumcision didn't work right, but the dr. said that it was just because he is a very healthy boy and the skin above his little winky is acting like a little fatty pouch that makes "it" go inside. He said once my son started becoming active he would lose the pouch and mr. winky wouldn't be in hiding so much. lol. Can't tell I'm a sahm who is around my kids 24/7.......can you? LOL. He is now almost 2, and I have noticed it slowly making more of an appearance. One important thing is for her to make sure that she's gently pressing on the skin on either side of his thingy at the same time, to make it "pop" up, every once in awhile. My doc. said that if you don't do this sometimes it heals or stays that way, and you have to get them re-circumsized.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 2:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Thank you all so much for your help! I'll forward these answers to my friend and hopefully she won't be as concerned as she is. You ladies are the best = )
    Anonymous