Why do people respond anonymous? Why are you ashamed of your opinion. Maybe if you are too embarrassed to connect your name to what you are saying, you shouldn't be saying it!!

Jenna66

Asked by Jenna66 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hehehehe....
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Maybe they're your friends and don't want you to know how they really feel about what you have to say...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• hahahaha, thanks for saying that as I agree!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I perfer my privacy. Don't like it, then don't read my answers.
    Anonymous

• It really depends on my answer I guess. Most of the time I don't care but on the rare occasion I'll check anonymous. I guess if my answer is very personal, I'd prefer that everyone who read my answer didn't know it came from me. I usually only answer those if I feel my answer could help the asker in some way.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 12:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Because I prefer not to get hate for my opinions. I also don't care for getting messages from people trying to "correct" my "misguided" views. So I will continue to respond Anon, thank you very much.
    Anonymous

• Maybe if you're too ashamed to show your face in a profile pic and connect your face to what you are saying, you shouldn't create a profile.
    Anonymous

• 11:25 DITTO
    Anonymous

• I agree OP. I never post anon. If I have something to say, I'll say it, no hiding necessary. Just as I am in real life, if didn't want anyone to know I said it, I wouldn't say it at all. A lot of mother's didn't teach their daughters that it seems.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I personally like the anon option. It gives me a change to ask questions and give answers on topics I am not comfortable attaching myself and my children's faces to. For example, I can help someone who's husband had an affair. Not something I want everyone with a mouse to know about me.

The flip side of this coin is the anon option can be abused. It's easy to say something you wouldn't ordinarily say when you have that white question mark to hide behind.

By and large, I like the freedom that anonymity gives me and just turn the other cheek when I see some abuse it. To me, it's a helper, not a hinderance.
    Anonymous