Can you develop a serious relationship with someone if you only see them one night a week?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Quantity of time and quality of time are very different things. How a close relationship forms is about the people involved, not the amount of time spent together.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I think you have to spend a significant amount of time with someone to truly get to know them and fall in love with them as a person rather than who you want them to be. I think if you are spending one night/week with someone and it's going well, why not spend more time with them and see if it still works out? Phone calls, emails, other forms of communication are important as well. Do you keep in touch during the week, or only see them that one night?

Answer by missanc at 12:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• OP- we text during the day and talk every night. But our schedules make it to where we can only really see each other the one night.
    Anonymous

• for the 1st 10 months together my lovely and I only saw one another every 2-3 weeks! yes, it is absolutely possible.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I think it is. Especially if you keep in contact the rest of the week. You can still get to know eachother that way.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• It is not only possible, but it likely leads to a better foundation for a lasting relationship. You will tend to learn about his character and how he thinks, so your relationship might turn out to be based on the really important issues of life, rather than just on physical attraction.
    Anonymous