Is high blood pressure normal after having a c-section?

I just had a c-section after being in labor for 15hrs. I was induced and a week over due. The reason for the c-section was because i was only 9cm dialated after being on labor for so long and i got a fever along with the baby. I got an epidural and they gave me pitocin along with a lot of fluids. I know have high blood pressure its about 140/98 at times. My doctor insists thats its b/c of all the swelling and fluids got but i've never had high blood pressure ever. Has anyone who had a c-section experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, I did not have high blood pressure after my csection but mine's usually abnormally low. Did he mention how long it might take for it to go back down?

Answer by missanc at 12:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• It very well could be. Often when a person with high blood pressure is put on medication it includes the meds used to reduce water retention.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i had almost the excat same delivery you did but i was dialated 10 cenameters but they had to do an emergancy c-section but my blood pressure never went up after the c-section but puring it went up so much i passed out but afterwards it never got over 100/70
    Anonymous

• No it's not normal unless you had preeclampisa then yes. I never had a problem with high blood pressure until I deveolped preeclampisa and having my son I still had a problems but now my son is 2 and my blood pressure is back to normal.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I just had my 2nd dd in April and my delivery was almost the same as yours except I never dialated past 6.5. I have had high blood pressure ever since. It got up to 141/98.
    Princessmom0726

Answer by Princessmom0726 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I should mention,I have been on medication and I can tell if I miss it, and my dr said i shouldnt have to be on it longer than 12 weeks.She said it is mild preeclampsia.
    Princessmom0726

Answer by Princessmom0726 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2010