is it ok if i don't take Prenatal med during 34 week pregnancy??

I am thirty four weeks pregnant and its been one or two months i am not taking my prenatal and the reason is cause it makes me through up. Every time i have them i'll be throwing up all day and night.
But just to substitute that and to make sure nothing goes wrong with the baby i am eating lots of fresh vegetable fruits and other things to get enough vitamins. Also my doc said everything looks fine with the baby it's growing fine.

But i was thinking is it possible that could cause any harm that i am not aware of????

sapna4321

Asked by sapna4321 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• there are vitamins and minerals in your prenatal vitamins that you don't get in your average vegetables and fruit.

what did your doctor say when you told him that you stopped taking your vitamins???
    Anonymous

• You've tried taking them after eating and at different times of day? Vitamins make me nauseous on an empty stomach but if I eat first, no problem.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• my dr suggested i stop taking my prenatals after week 14 bc it made my kidney stones worse.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I couldn't take prenatals my entire pregnancy w/ my son b/c I threw EVERYTHING up! I threw up til the day i had him. Now he was a preemie but that was because I had pre-eclampsia and has nothing to do w/ taking the prenatals. My son was only in the NICU for 7 days, so I think he did really well and he weighed almost 5lbs too at just under 34 weeks!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 1:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i think it sounds great that you are eating plenty of fruits and veggies! a lot of women cannot stomach prenatals, and so skip them for a while. a healthy diet is a good thing, especially if you aren't taking your prenatals :) (also imo the vitamins are most important in the beginning of pregnancy)
    Anonymous

• You absorb more vitamins and such from food than a pill. If you can take them, take them. Keep eating well.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2010