Do you really care?

Do you really care about what happened in Haiti?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I always care when a natural disaster happens and so many die. I dont think there is much I can do about it though, it happened, and with the economy being as bad as it is I dont have any money to help or donate. Instead I focus on my local community where there are many homeless families, unemployed, and suffering. I know I can make a real difference here, giving clothing, food and etc.

Answer by gemgem at 12:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• nope, I am a heartless bitch

Of course I care, tens of thousands of people died and more are injured and starving...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I care, and I am disgusted by all the women on this site bragging about how much they're giving or doing so people will think they're better people.
    Anonymous

• i posted something for other's who care to help them, i guess i care enough to get the word out. it sucks, but life goes on for me.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Im not disgusted by them. I think its great! Itd be as great if people in other countries were to help our country out if we had a major disaster but we rarely see it happen. Americans are known as giving people. Right now though our own country is struggling and I really hope those as you say are "bragging" donate time, money and supplies to the poor in their own cities.
    Anonymous

• I am not bragging about giving. I gave a bit, but to me it feels like nothing. I care about about all of the human race, even those who hate us. Look, if you can give, great. If you can't because you really don't have the money that is completely understandable. If you can, donate some blood to the Red Cross. That goes to whomever is in the most need. It is understandable if you have many concerns in your own family that it would dominate you thoughts and feelings. If nothing else, pray for those dealing with misfortune. Nothing wrong with that.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 12:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• yes, but my faith in humanity has dwindled!

Answer by older at 12:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I also give to local food banks,.My daughter and her kids and I colect food in bags from the neighbors and take the donations to our city food bank, I give occasionally to Goodwill. I donate a few dollars to The Alzheimer's research. I gave $25.00 to the Save the Children Haitian fund.....and I have a bunch of friends and relatives who do the same thing. I have never been worried that anyone would accuse me of bragging before....but, here at Cafe Mom, women are so selfish and mean and un-Christian that they are now accusing us of "bragging",. WOw....that is disgusting.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• We already gave what we could, and I will not be made to feel guilty for not giving more! My husband and I have ALWAYS given our time, money, and material goods to charities LONG before it was "trendy" to do so, or only when large scale disasters have warranted it! Charity begins at home, and IF there are "leftovers" then we give to those in need--not the other way around.

For YEARS the liberal mantra has been "Think globally, act locally." I care about humanity, but I care even more about my family!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I am disgusted by all the women on this site bragging about how much they're giving or doing so people will think they're better people.

Case in point:

Jan. 15, 2010 by:

* Lindalu2

Linda...
    I also give to local food banks,.My daughter and her kids and I colect food in bags from the neighbors and take the donations to our city food bank, I give occasionally to Goodwill. I donate a few dollars to The Alzheimer's research. I gave $25.00 to the Save the Children Haitian fund...

Why was it necessary for you to list all the charities you give to? What other possible reason than bragging?
    Anonymous