Did you donate to Haiti?

I did, I just did the text 90999 thing to donate $10. I feel so badly for those people over there. And yes, I donate to people in the US as well because I'm sure there are those out there that say why donate to other countries when we have people in need here. I just know if it was me over there, I'd want all the help I could get.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 12:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband and I both donated blood today and I am gathering blankets and clothes in our community and our church is going to pay for the cost to get it there. I also called our red cross office and told them that if they needed additional volunteers I would be available. We had a complete recall of the base so we could identify who had family there and made sure they had the means necessary to contact them or ground crews to try and find out if they had survived. Even if you don't give money there are a lot of ways you can help.
    LuvNMyBbs

Answer by LuvNMyBbs at 1:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• No I didnt and I dont plan to. I dont have any extra money to do it. Instead like I said in another answer I do donate to my local community where I can make some difference. I can give outgrown clothing, extra food etc here, but cash I cannot do.

Answer by gemgem at 12:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• gemgem, what about old clothing, blankets or some canned goods?

I did donate $ and now I'm in the process of getting some old clothes and food together to donate. What those poor people are going through is like nothing any single one of us can imagine. I also donate locally quite often, but this catastrophe deserves every single human being to dig a little deeper and help out in any way they can. If that means some of you need to forego your McDonald's or Startbuck's this week, than so be it. Seriously.
    Anonymous

• Anon, yes because all of us spend out cash on starbuck and macdonalds.....
    gemgem is doing what she can where she knows it will help.
    World needs more like her, not people who judge others for not being able to afford to.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 1:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I can't afford to do it. I have two children, and we are barley living off one income, which is not enough. If I had more, I would do it. If I could send all the outgrown clothing, I would do it. I even attempted to donate plasma today, but I can't until my son is 6 months old.
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 1:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• No - I don't have any extra money to give away right now and we're saving every penny for our baby due in July. Old toys, blankets and clothing get sold on ebay or craigslist, we eat all of our canned goods. I give what I can, when I can, but at the moment I don't have any extra.

Answer by missanc at 1:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• I just spent the morning buying bottled water with our foodstamp card and dropping it off to be sent to Haiti.
    Anonymous

• If I could, I would. Also, I do not trust any of these organizations. If we use credit cards, 3% goes to the bank. How much goes towards overhead and admin fees? I'm sure they will be fine without my $10.00
    Anonymous

• Yeah my hubby's squadron sent a bunch of its guys down there, they're all medically trained and used to working in very very difficult environments, so they sent a bunch of them out to help.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010