And life goes on........

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100115/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/us_economy

Anyone care?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Put Haiti in the title they will come look at this.
    Anonymous

• Yeah or Rush Limbaugh...Sarah Palin

'Scarce job creation' was one of the things to catch my eye...thought the spendulous had done so well?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Let's bring thousands of starving, unemployed Haitians to this country to stimulate the economy. That will create jobs, so I've been told.
    Anonymous

• Thank you! The title says it all -- Consumers are squeezed.... yep, scarce job creation (except for the 2 million created/saved by the spendulous thing!!), rising costs, and falling wages. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Let's bring thousands of starving, unemployed Haitians to this country to stimulate the economy.

***
    Is this a tongue and cheek response?! Because with REAL unemployment around 22%, who is going to feed, clothe and/or HIRE them?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Anon :21. are you serious??? Please tell me you are joking.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• All this question is a means to cause drama. Of course people care! Just because Haiti is the top news story right now DOES NOT mean people don't care about other issues. Give people some credit!
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 1:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I'm anon :21, and I was joking. On one of the "save Haiti" posts, a poster said thousands of Haitians were going to be brought to Miami and that would create jobs. My little joke.
    Anonymous

• All this question is a means to cause drama.

AngiDas
    No not Drama, awareness. People seem to become desensitized to things when they have been subjected to i tfor so long.
    Also it's a sample of whats to come. Inflation has gone up and will continue to do so. Interest rates will follow. 15% is not impossible. It was above that when Jimmy Carter tried to Kill America, I expect at least that. There is no recovery here. Maybe next year we will see a tiny light at the end of the tunnel.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• You ladies are unbelievable

Anonymous