Was it wrong?

That I took my kids to the store and used our foodstamp money to buy some bottled water and dropped it off at a charity to be sent to Haiti? I feel like there will always be those who have it better than we do, and those who have it worse. Even on assistance, we have more than those poor people do. So, did I do a good thing or bad? I have plenty of food in the house for the month, my kids will not suffer because of this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• God will bless you!!! That was so wonderful that you were willing and able!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I think that was a very kind act!
    Anonymous

• I think it was fine. But hey that's me. I'm sure somebody will think its not.
    Anonymous

• Good. I get a link card and there was a homeless man sitting on the curb of the County Market asking people for change because he was hungry. I didn't have any money but bought some of the ready made sandwiches from the deli, some bottled water, a bag of chips and a box of cold chicken from the deli. I took it out and gave it to him and it seemed like Christmas to him. He thanked me about 6 times and was almost in tears. Being on welfare doesn't mean you can't be charitable and you're right. There are always going to be people who are worse off than us. Good job. ;-)
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I don't understand why that would be a bad thing, you have a kind heart, don't let anyone berate you for that.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I think that was a very generous and kind act.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2010