Does anyone watch Super Nanny?

I love watching that show with my daughter (she's 6) and when a part comes in that she's knows about she wants to change the channel. ha ha ha

happynewyorker

Asked by happynewyorker at 1:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I LOVE watching that show - I am trying to get idea's from it still. my son is 2 and i KNOW it will come in handy
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• My household is CRAZY and sometimes I wish I could call the Super Nanny for help. But I have to tell you, when I watch the show, I really start feeling like my CRAZY isn't as CRAZY as I think!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• me,me,me I love that show she gives good advice i've actually passed some of her advice onto mamas on here...lol, and it makes me feel good when i see wild and crazy kids cuz it makes my boy look like a total angel when he acts all wild and crazy.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I love that show - and my 3 kids are grownup, in college, and one in hs school still. It's tons of fun to see that how I parent is a way that's widely used.

When my first child was a baby 1 year and a half old - his first really really bad temper tantrum was in a mall - he fell to the floor in the middle of the row center mall slamming his fists on the floor and screaming and wailing away - my husband and I then were SO shocked we just stood there - we didn't even tell him no on anything. He was playing and then collapsed freaked out!!!!

That was close to the last time he did that - next two kids I knew to leave a store immediately with behavior like that!!!!!

I'm really confused that some parents are afraid literally shaking crying afraid to say no to a kid of any age. I've suggested SuperNanny to moms who are really worried and anxious to say no to any age kid even older teens and older than that.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I watch it so I can realize my kids were not, and are not, so bad after all.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I love the show too. As someone else said, it makes me think my crazy really isn't crazy.

I think I've learned a lot from the shows. I've been known to cry through a show or two, too.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 3:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Love it! I love to see that my parenting style is mimicked on her show - and it DOES work!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I like the show but Idk how I'd take it if someone else were to come into my house telling me how to raise my kids and some of her ideas do not work! I have a 7 yr. old who blows fire when he's angry and don't like things and we've tried a naughty step well he sits for ten minutes and is back up afterwards even after his apology doing the same thing he was before sometimes kids just need a little spat on the butt to get their attention that's what works for me and it stops his behaviour
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2010