Box Tops

Do you collect Box Tops for your child's school?

happynewyorker

Asked by happynewyorker at 1:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yep! I have 3 Ziplock bags FULL of them right now...the secretary is working on getting it set up with the company. If we can't get it figured out, then I will give them to my neices that go to another Christian School in our area.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 1:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Sure do. We have a contest 2 times a year to see which classroom can collect the most. It makes it fun for the kids and makes them want to bring in more and more/no pressure there for the moms and dads scrambling to cut things off the packs of food in the pantry. lol But in the end they all(the box tops) go into the same collection box and our school gets a lot of money from it.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 1:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Just a suggestion. If you're able to clip those box tops clean. Meaning cut off all the extra around the box. I helped with Box Tops earlier this year and it is a bitch to go through and clip them all. I did like 10,000. Can you say carpal tunnel? lol.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 1:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• LOL, i've done that too, cutting the box tops clean... never again! Always before sending them in do try and make them neat as possible, it makes it much nicer for the PTA ladies to count and organize before sending them off.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 1:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I am in charge of the Box Tops at my sons middle school. It is a pain in the butt. I have to count them out and organize them to send them out for credit. On top of going to school fulltime, working and raising a child. But, I would do anything for my son or his school.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• TyFry - we Homeschool now, but when my son was in public we did Box Tops. The school would send home sheets, and each one would be for 10 box tops things and they could be taped/glued/stapled on there so that each sheet was worth $1. Do you do this are are you sitting there counting out little squares all day? :)
    Anonymous