Do you think that CM should hire OBs ect.

I mean if at all possible wouldnt they be a grate asset? No means a replacement for your regular doc but just a few resident OBs and Petatricans to help us a long in the forms and such.

Nerdymama

Asked by Nerdymama at 1:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm sure there are some somewhere on the site as members.

no, they shouldn't hire them though! then I'd have to start paying to use the site!
    Anonymous

• No - I have some great resource books, plus my own OBs - and then there's the internet at my fingertips!

Answer by missanc at 1:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• What forms are you having trouble filling out - if you're not comfortable calling your ob or peds office for help then you deserve one who cares about your concerns!!!!

I don't think the questions asked here on CM are asking for that much detailed medical help that some other moms can't come up with suggestions - and most often it's also suggested in the same response to call your doctor.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I think OP meant to say "help us along in the forums" not "help us a long in the form". Regardless of what she meant though, I don't think CM should hire OB's or pedi's. I think that if a person on here needs medical advice - they should call their doctor - not rely on answers from CM. Although, many people on CM do ask for medical advice - and it drives me crazy! Even if we had doctors on CM they could not give accurate medical answers to these questions - they are not privy to all the information or able to give exams!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Liability. Lawyers. You know how it rolls.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• yea, no... nobody would carry liabilty insurance for them if they doled out advice online
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2010