Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have a lead on a great LA family law attourney willing to do probono or work for a reduced fee?

Need legal help fast! Right now I have an order from dependency court granting me 100% legal and physical custody. My ex is taking me back to court to have it amended he's stopped paying any support in order to pay his attorney...which leave me in a really bad situation on many fronts and exposes my kids. I've spent the last 3 years working to get my son healthy taking care of some very serious legal matters and going to graduate school full time. I just graduated from LMU with my masters and credential in Education and am looking for work. I am out of fund, loans and could really use an olive branch.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (2)
  • Try a law school for students to handle your case under faculty's guidance or your county's legal aid society. Single law firms usually charge less than big firms and firms with multiple lawyers usually have their nonpartner lawyers fees less than a partner's fees. Oh also a law firm with a paralegal might be able to help you at less cost than a lawyer's cost.

    Also call your court and ask for guidance.

    Good luck!!

    Answer by lfl at 2:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

  • Attorneys have to do a certain amount of pro bono work so call the courthouse and see where you sign up for that. In my town we sign up at the court house law library.

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.