Do/did you sing to your pregnant belly?

I was always kind of embarrassed to do those kinds of things with my first two pregnancies but with this one I feel more connected. It is also my first child with my SO (divorced) and he is very supportive and involved and talks to my belly. It's wonderful :)

AmandaI1021

Asked by AmandaI1021 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did with all of my pregnancies and it's amazing to me that whatever I was singing the most when I was pregnant with them is what calms them the best. (I know they hear in the womb, but it's still amazing to me!) They each had/have their own "song" that I sang to them while I was pregnant and when they were babies.

Answer by missanc at 1:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I didn't sing, but I did talk to my babies when they were on the inside.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Yes,. my DH read books to him also, we talked to him all the time, I would always sing. careful he had a TERRIBLE Case of Colic so he could have been reallly Mad at me for my lack of tone.lol!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I use to put headphones on my belly LOLLLL I would sing to songs on the radio but not lullabyes or anything like that. I remember one time I was at an out door concert at a county fair and the band was playing rock(led zepplin or something like that ) and he was moving all over the place was kind of funny.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• DH used to sing to my babies all the time. I also played music for them. My first moved the most to anything Elvis.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Constantly. And sometimes DH will respond like I'm talking to him and then get all droopy bc I'm not talking to him.

A recent study said language development beings in the womb since the baby can hear. I'm working very hard not to use bad grammar sarcastically with the dogs. And this being basketball season (college, UNC), I really have to watch the foul language at the game on TV.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Yep, all the time. Not lullabies here either. I mostly sang Def Leppard or Van Halen and its funny that he loves that music now. Queensryche is his "sleepy time" music.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 2:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I used to sing to all three of my babies in the womb. And talk also. I don't know if it made any lasting impression but I just felt inspired to communicate with them. ":-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2010