Healthy drinks

I'm trying to eat better. I know water is best but I hate the taste of water, unless I'm in the mood for it. So what are some good things to drink or to add to water to make it less blah?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 1:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Health

• There was a thread on this yesterday, maybe you can scroll down to look at the answers?

Answer by missanc at 1:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• sorry - the thread with this answer is in "diet and fitness" but it has some great tips to flavor water

Answer by missanc at 2:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• There's this fruit punch mix that you add with water for 0 calories. It doesn't have the aspartame in like a lot of 0 calorie drinks do. It does add Splenda and I'm sure a few other artificial sugars but it tastes really good and it's better than drinking soda!
    Anonymous

• slices of fruits or vegetables
    emergen-c
    tru-lemon or lime or orange

Answer by rkoloms at 2:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• This isn't exactly a drink but I blend up 3/4 of a bananna, about a cup or so of frozen strawberries (ugh winter) add about 1/2 a cup of applejuice and wahlaa an awesome smoothie. Its the same thing that would go for almost $2 a bottle at the grocery store or smoothie store but super cheap because you can make so many for about $5. I usually just eat the rest of the bananna while blending it. It is great with peanut butter on ritz type crackers because it fills you up and you've snuck in protein and extra fruit. :) I also give it to my 3 year old and 2 year neighbors I watch sometimes and they love it...that should tell you something lol
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Unsweetened ice tea, especially green tea. Skip ANYTHING with artifical sweetners, those are worse than full sugar drinks. To learn to like water, make sure it is ICE cold. You can add slices of lemon, lime, oranages or frozen berries to the water to flavor it. The frozen berries will act like ice cubes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2010