do you think that americans are spoiled?

in the wake of the tragedy, do you think that Americans have become so accustomed to the good life that we can't turn a sympathetic eye towards anyone without talking about our struggles?

ssnelson26

Asked by ssnelson26 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yep
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Absolutely... I believe this is a country of instant gratification and selfishness. Of course, not EVERYBODY is like that, but it seems more and more people turn into that... Or maybe they're just more vocal about it. Either way, it disgusts me.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Some levels of Americans are spoiled by privilege of money, politics, family lineage but not every American.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Of course WE are! Some more then most!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Some levels of Americans are spoiled by privilege of money, politics, family lineage but not every American. I agree with this
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• No I dont think were spoiled. I think were Americans. As Americans we can only react to how we see and experience things which is nothing like other countries see or experience things. I dont think were spoiled, we just havent had to live in the same conditions as some third world countries and we should atleast realize that and be happy for it. I Know I am happy about it everyday. My grandparents were immigrants and I know about their struggles. Now my parents are well off, and worked hard for everything they have and own. They were able to do that because their parents were both poor and in my moms case recent immigrants. I wouldnt call myself spoiled or them spoiled because our family has worked hard for what we have and because my grandparents moved to this country to give us all a better life.
    Anonymous

• Politicians, CEO's, athletes, celebrities, musicians and the so called trust fund babies are spoiled, yes. The average American, no. As for bringing one's own struggles to a discussion about Haiti, I've only seen it done in response the judgment that those of us who do not donate, nevermind that we don't have the money to, are selfish.
    Anonymous

• Yep
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 2:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Yes
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• yes
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 4:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2010