If you got spanked growing up, was it on the bare bottom? If so, do you spank that way now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I was, and no, I don't. I don't believe in spanking. I know it didn't work on me, and there is no way on earth I'll ever spank my child(ren). How do you teach a child not to be violent if you're doing the same thing to him/her?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I was spanked, and I didn't turn into a psychopath. I pinch more than I spank. Bare bottoms are never involved, unless the kid happened to be naked ( like bath time) when a pinchy-pinch was needed.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• spanked with a belt, very very rarely and never more than once per very very rare spanking. also rarely got mouth with soap.

As a mom I've occasionally spanked my kids but worked best and works best is to take away things longterm.
    Anonymous

• "spanked with a best, very very rarely ...." Meant to add never spanked barebottom, always through clothes and again - the spankings and mouth soap were very very rare. Parents really kept us in line by controlling hours of tv and as teen by taking away the car.
    Anonymous

• i use all other methods before spanking yelling, taking things away, writing sentences, extra chores etc.. & if I do spank its on the butt NEVER on the bare bottom & only with my hand. it's rare I have to spank.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• When we spank (last resort) it is on a panted bottom ... unless he is already pant-less. OR - if it is a severe infraction. Is he abused? NO... is he disciplined - YES. Does he 'fear' us... NO.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i was spanked with whatever my parents could reach. not bare-bottom, but with things like slippers, those chinese back scratchers, rulers, etc.. and i don't spank as extreme as my parents, but i will give them a smack on the hand, on the butt if they did something really bad (which is rare).
    Anonymous

• i dint get spank!! i got beaten,. blood and bruises.
    i spank with clothes on. and very rare. i cant rember the last time i spank my dd. i use as a last resort.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I was spank on the bottom with clothes on and im not crazy.... And yes i do spank my kids
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 2:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I got spanked with a belt and a gun rod till I had welts on my back and was bruised up very bad. I spank my son ONLY as a last resort when nothing else works and I only use my hand.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2010