Are boys that are delayed more likely to be bullied then girls who are delayed?

My son who is 5 yrs old, was tested and is 2 years behind his peers as far as his speech,comprehension, plus his large & small motor skills.
I worry that if I put him in Kindergarten in the fall the kids will pick on him more so because he is a boy.
I know it sounds kinda stupid but it just seems like boys are harder on eachother then girls are.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Oh sorry, kids are bullied for no reason at all. Keeping him out of kindergarten now will not ensure, guaranty that he won't be bullied. Sigh. And bullying is not from or because of sex or ability. It's because of peer pressure of the second combined with parental pressure of that day. Some parents choose to not teach kids to not brag about themselves through attitude in and out of school.

I kept my son, in a similar situation out of school untill he was six to give him more time for more therapy sessions before he started kindergarten. At least public schools, don't know about private, actually teach at such fast spaces though now that your son will have to start out all over again at that school's rate of teaching.

Whenever he starts know in advance all of your rights. Consult a special education lawyer who works well with special ed families not with school districts and the school districts' special ed laws.
    Anonymous