are there any other pagans/wiccans trying to learn the Theban Alphabet?

hello everyone here recently i have been trying to learn the Theban Alphabet. Its gettng a little easier recognizing the different letters but its still hard trying to translate and actually read in it I'm having to constantly look up some of the letters and it feels like its taking forever just trying to figure out one word.

are there any other wiccan moms out there trying to learn Theban or are there any other moms who know how to read in it as if they were reading English? can any of you give some suggestions on what i could do to make it easier to learn to read Theban? i can write the letters out but its the remembering what the word is once its fully written out that i'm having the problem with.

thank you to anyone who can help blessed be.

flower_angel

Asked by flower_angel at 2:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have a copy of it in my BOS and even printed a small/short blessing on the first page of my book. But to tell the truth, it is hard and I still have to look and compare... LOL...
    If I have a spell that I want no eyes to read, then I will write it in Theban, but print in English the title so that I remember what the spell is about...
    I just try to go over the alphabet once a month... not really studying it, but kinda of refreshing the memory...sort of speak, I don't use it on a normal basis, so as long as I have it in my book, then I know I can use it and know what I am writing...lol....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I was required to learn Theban in the classes I used to take, and I had the same harships. I can tell you that it gets easier with practice. Write out the alphabet over and over. Write your grocery list in Theban, love letters to your hubby or s/o, diary entries, whatever you can do to use it instead of the traditional alphabet in any possible circumstance. It took me a couple of months of using it as often as possible, but eventually I was able to read and write with the Theban Alphabet as well as with the traditional.
    Of course ... I haven't used it in years and can only recognize some of the letters anymore,. :o)
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 3:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• im a satanist but know Theban pretty well..i started learning it years ago...once in a while i will still have to look something up but not always.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I am still having to use a chart too.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I have the alphabet listed in the back of one of my spell books and one look convinced me I didn't want to learn it by heart. It is a beautiful-looking script but for anything other than inscribing on a candle or for a short spell--well, no way!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I have it but havent tried learning it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2010