How do i get my 7 month old to take the bottle again?

My 7 month old absolutely refuses a bottle and wont take a sippy cup. I am afraid she will get dehydrated. I can get her to kind of take a few sips from a regular glass, but that isnt enough for her.. Any ideas?

mitz78

Asked by mitz78 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does she take the breast? (sorry, I don't know if you BF or not). If she does, she should be fine and you can continue to encourage her to drink from a sippy and a regular cup. She'll drink when she's thirsty.

If this is a matter of getting get to take her formula, try a sippy with a straw, try different brands of cups (or bottles if you want to use them) and NO SOLIDS until she's had her formula.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I would also try a straw sippy, that is what my son has been using since he was 7 1/2 months old. I would definitely get rid of the bottles all together, the sooner you take them the easier it is, that way they don't have time to get overly attached to it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Since you are breastfeeding your baby doesn't have to have anything else to drink. You can offer sips of water with table food.

www.kellymom.com is a great breastfeeding website.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2010