DCFS

someone called dcfs on me and my husband for neglect. we are very hurt and angry. i just had a baby 2 weeks ago. i have an 11month old and 3 year old. the first call was made december 30th..i was in the hospital recoverying from having my son. the second call was made the 13th of this month. 2 hours after the call i had a social worker knocking on my door. being 2 weeks post pardum and on a liftrestriction. my house was not perfect. but it was clean. the kitchen had the night before dishes..and my son's room looked like a tonado hit it(he's 3) the report that was made was that my kids were crawling in dog shit! i don't even have ne dogs. haven't had a dog since july! my question is since the report was madeaboutanimals..and there shit! since i don't have ne animals how come the still have to investigate? granted i have nothing to hide and we are cooperating with the social worker we are just really confused on the alligations

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• they have to investigate everything, especially if someone called twice. If they don't find anything to be concerned about then they will close the case.

if they do find something, most times(especially if its not something thats life threatening) they will talk with you and work out a plan and timeline for when things have to be changed by.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Ack, sorry you have to go through all of this. That really stinks.

Like the PP said, they have to investigate everything and if they find nothing, it will be over quickly.

Congrats on the new baby, btw.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 3:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• You must have some miserable assholes around you. Be careful. From now on, you should keep your blinds closed and not talk to anyone about your business. Some people are lonely, bored and crave drama. Like everyone else said, they will do their investigation since the call was made and if nothing is found, that will be it.
    Anonymous

• They still have to investigate. It's too bad that DCFS and your time is being wasted. What people don't understand when calling about stupid shit, is that kids that really are being abused and neglected may not get help because DCFS has to investigate ALL calls. If nothing is found, you have nothing to worry about.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2010