Dr. Phil diet "ultimate weight loss solution"

OKay so I have read some bad reviews on this, but I think that my family needs to try something to get us to move int he right direction and I think this would be a good first step. I just want us to get in the right frame of mind and eat healthy more than focus on loosing weight.

Anyway, does anyone know of any sites that have meal plans for stage 2?
The rapid start only has 1200 calories, would that be safe for my DH (37, a bit under 200lbs - okay so I am guessing, moderately active), it seemsawfully low for a male.

wv_mom

Asked by wv_mom at 2:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• This is the best Dr Phill...motivation tool so far. LOL
    Photobucket
    I have it enlarged on my fridge. HA HA HA!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• check out eating clean.

it is much easier, and less restrictive and FUN.

even my picky picky kids have gotten into it.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• rkoloms, the way I read dr.phil's book is that it isn't a diet really but it is a way to eat all of the time, that is why I chose it. The only diet parts is the 14 day jumpstart that has fewer calories than you would normally eat so that people see results and get excited to continue. I was just wanting some examples of how people were eating on the plan. But I will check out Dr.McDougall too.
    wv_mom

Answer by wv_mom at 10:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2010