Do you think they could be wrong?

I just had an ultrasound yesterday... I am having twins and I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow. I was literally dying to find out the sex of the babies so the ultrasound tech (who is also a good friend of my moms) looked for me and she said that Baby B is a boy... and Baby A "looks like" a girl. She said "I would say it's most likely a girl." I realize that she couldn't tell me that it's DEFINITELY a girl, but she sounded pretty darn sure. lol

After my ultrasound I had to see the doctor so I showed him the pics and asked him what HIS opinion was and he said "Yeah, it looks like a boy and a girl to me, too."

Soooo they both sounded pretty sure but I didn't get a DEFINITE answer and I keep thinkin' next time I have an ultrasound they'll be like "Oops, we made a mistake... it's really 2 boys." LoL.

How likely do think it is that they could be wrong? Like I said, they sounded sure but didn't say 100%. LoL

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They can tell you an estimated sex of the baby or in your case babies(congrats by the way!!) but they really can't tell for sure, they can give you the sex at 17 wks but I wouldn't count on their response 100% just yet. But lucky you if it's a boy and a girl thats like the complete package right there and I wish you the very best mama!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• An ultrasound at any time you have it done be wrong. They say around 20 weeks is the best to findout. My SIL was told a boy and had a girl with her first.
    Anonymous

• lol, i'm not sure. but my nephew was "supposed" to be a girl, but he came out with a surprise. they can't say they're 100% sure, but wouln't it be nice if they could give a definite answer? lol. my doc did my ultrasound and he said i'm having a boy. after having 2 girls, my husband would be devastated if he were wrong. but you can get those 4d sonograms done. i'm not too sure how much they cost, but my sil had one done in 2006 for $135 with a military discount. i'm not sure how much it would have been regularly. anyway, just get lots of gender neutral clothing and do all the fun shopping later! =) congratulations and good luck!
    Anonymous

• A friend was told boy at two ultrasounds (20 weeks and 26 weeks) and she had a girl. Nothing is 100%.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• there is no way to be 100% so it's mostly an educated guess
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• if u had gotten a 3d ultrasound done, they can tell usually a good 95% of the sex. i dont trust the regular ultrasounds. i was told girl ...got all pink stuff, wasted alot of money and when he was born i jaw dropped and thought they were kidding! i had to do alot of shopping to get all blue..how upsetting.
    Anonymous

• I don't think they ever say "definitley" a boy or girl because they could be wrong, LOL. Its most likey what they said it will be but...you'll never know till they are out,lol. good luck and have fun guessing! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• There's always a possibilty they can be wrong. Congrats on your babies. :)
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2010