fever high, oxygen low

My son has had a fever that hasnt gone above 102 for 2 days, Tylenol and motrin dont bring it down any lower than 99.5 or so. We have other health issues also, so we keep a pulse ox meter around the house. It wouldnt go above 93% when I did it wgen he was sleeping. Im waitiing for his pulmonologist and pediatrician to call back. Each of them are in different cities about an hour east and the other hour south..should I just say screw it and go?, or wait for th emto call back?

Mommyof2n0308

Asked by Mommyof2n0308 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• If you are concerned about it then me personally I would go ahead and bring him in, sometimes it feels like an eternity waiting for that call back, if they even do call back. Good Luck.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• GO
    as a peds nurse I would be VERY conserned to see a child with a fever like that with an o2 level like that
    hwll, skip the peds and go to the er, sould be rsv or pnumonia
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• the pediatricians nurse called back, his normal ox level is 92, i was alarmed with that and the fever..they said if he gets worse to go to the ER. But they are letting us come in tomorrow! (ON A SATURDAY) I cant get his o2 level while he awake, our a home one really doesnt monitor well with the slightest moves, so im not sure if it went up or not, it did jump up to 97 for a few and worked its way down back to the 92-93. Thank you ladies, so much!!
    Mommyof2n0308

Answer by Mommyof2n0308 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Hey my sons jumps up and down with movement too. I hate it! But we found the best place to get an accurate reading with ours is his big toe and it has to be centered, otherwise we get readings of 80% or lower, talk about freaky!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 1:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2010