Couple ?'s about toddlers...

When is a good time to switch from crib to toddler bed?

How do you get your little one down for a nap?

How many naps a day?

How young is too young for potty training?

How do you teach them not to be afraid of the potty?

Thanks Ladies! I know it's a lot of questions, but if you don't/can't answer them all- 1 will help!! Thanks again! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Unless your child climbs out fo the crib, delay the switch to a bed as long as possible. The older they are, the easier it is for them to understand the concept. if they never climb out, 3 yrs old or when they exceed the height limit on your crib. We skipped the toddler bed and went right to a regular bed. Use a gate or close to door with a knob protector to keep a younger child in.
    Let your child sit on the potty fully dressed. Start with a child's potty. Keep it simple so it's easy to clean. Let them explore it. Don't even attempt potty training until they've gotten past the fear (it seems to go away naturally, or did in our case). Readiness is a better indicator than age. Boys tend to train later (closer to 3) than girls. We're just now getting started.. sigh..
    We went to 1 nap around a yr. Still has 1 nap at 2 1/2 yrs old.
    Naptime we use a short version fo bedtime routine.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• How do you get your little one down for a nap? my dd sto her second nap on her own. she is almost 3 and no naps

How many naps a day? used to be 1 now 0

How young is too young for potty training?my dd was ready at 18 mts i wasnt lol. she was potty train by 24 mts. if the child isnt showing sings they are not ready. some kids arent ready till they are 3

How do you teach them not to be afraid of the potty?my dd wasnt at all.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• When they start to be able to climb out of the crib then it's a good time to switch to a toddler bed with a good gate at the door, I read my son a book and after that put his favorite music on and tickle his face and that usually does the trick for his nap, he is down to one nap a day but it's usually a good 2hr nap, when they are able to hold their urine for a couple of hours at a time it is usually a good time to start the potty training and when diapers and being wet start to bother them, buy a little potty the big one can be intimidating at first!! Good Luck Mama!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• We aren't using a toddler bed at all. We don't see the sense in spending the money on a toddler bed - when you just have to switch to a twin in a year or two. SO - our son is almost 3, he is in his crib still until we get the twin bed frame re-finished, probably in warmer weather. He climbs out, but is VERY graceful.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2010