For Moms who use formula...

Do you really throw it away after an hour from when feeding starts? If they don't finish it, do you save the leftovers and resuse it? Or throw it out like you're suppose to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I formula fed all 4 of my kids, and I followed the rules - what was left after an hour got tossed, even if it was a nearly-full bottle. I wasn't going to take any chances!
    Anonymous

• throw it out
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I kept if, even if it was just one ounce. It never hurt my son at all. formula is just to expensive to throw out anyways. As long as it has been refrigerated right after feeding I see nothing wrong with it.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• toss it out! i'm a first time mom so i follow all rules... would you take a chance to get your infant sick???
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 3:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I always throw it out if it is sitting out, but sometimes I will put the left over portion in the refrigerator untill he wants it again. I wouldn't take the risk of him getting sick.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• If my son doesn't finish it in the first hour...maybe two then I toss it. Once they've started drinking it, it has been contaminated with bacteria which multiplies rapidly in formula. If you give old formula, then you're likely going to end up with a much gassier and upset baby.
    Anonymous

• Reuse it, it was rare to have it for 2 hours or more but in that case I would/will throw it out (depending on how hot it is). Hasn't killed or made my 8 kids sick.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 5:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2010