• In the Spotlight:

Does it make sense to.....

workout doing cardio & weights 4 times a week and still eat whatever you want? Because I love to workout but also like to eat. I just can't control my eating habits. So does it really benefit me to workout? I ate the same way before I started working a year ago & was not fat then either. Some people say well you are working off all that you eat. Well I am still the same weight as before I worked out so that doesn't make sense.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I walk 5 miles a day 4-5 times a week and eat whatever the hell I want and I'm thin...I went through a period of not working out and eating the same way and gained 20 lbs...so yeah, besides the weight factor you need to keep your heart healthy and everything oxygenated by doing your cardio~!
    Anonymous

• try eating clean - you get to eat all day but the good food and not just junk.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Working out benefits you no matter what you eat, but if you're consciously trying to lose weight, the only way to do that is to eat less calories than you burn. A 180 lb person doing 1 full hour of high impact aerobics non-stop burns about 575 calories. A heavier person burns more, a lighter person burns less. To put that in perspective, that's about the calories in a single Big Mac - no fries or drink. If you want to add a small fry and medium coke you need to do another 45 minutes of aerobics. On the other hand, that hour is also about the calories in 6 whole apples. If you don't want to eat less, start eating differently - more fiber, and more "negative calorie foods" - ones that you burn the calories in them just by eating them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Exercise is a bigger predictor of heart health and longevity than diet. But try to eat well.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2010