No appetite, no weight gain

I'm in my first trimester, I think towards the end of it (ultrasound on the 26th) For the last week, I haven't had much of an appetite. For breakfast I have a boost nutritional drink, lunch I only am able to eat a few bites then stop being hungry/lose appetite, dinner I can usually eat OK but still don't eat as much as I used to. I try to eat healthy snacks like a bowl of frozen/thawed berries with a little cinnamon and sugar. I started my pregnancy around 133-135 and weigh between 133-135 now. Is this pretty normal? Will I get my appetite back?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 3:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This is actually very normal, don't worry usually in the second trimester this is when you start getting your appetite back and start the weight gaining process.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• It is very commen to not have an appetite and either not gain or loss.I always loss 5 to 7lbs. Yes you will get your appetite back in the second trimester.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• yes, it's pretty normal to either not gain or even lose weight in the first trimester. If you think about it, the baby is going from the size of the tip of a sharp pencil to about 3 inches. When you think of it that way, really how much should that weigh? it's like 0.04 oz. So don't stress over not gaining yet!

Anonymous

• absolutely normal
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• like the other said, totally normal. im almost 14 weeks and have lost 16 lbs.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I lost weight during the first trimester of my second pregnancy. I didn't have any appetite the whole 9 months, but I did start gaining after the first 3. I think "normal" weight gain for the first trimester is just a few pounds anyway; the last trimester is when you should be gaining about a pound a week. So no worries; as long as baby is growing, everything's fine. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2010