My thoughts about haiti and Why I don't watch the news

I am so emotional about the devastation that I cannot bear to watch it. Am I the only one who is this super sensitive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• no, i hate it especially when they show dead bodies and dead kids...... it makes me very upset too
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Nope I don't watch the news either for that exact reason. I see enough death and destruction of lives in my job, I don't want it in my home. I had no clue about the earthquake until Thursday when I came into work and the new channel was on.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I dont even have cable or local news channels. I read about it over the internet. And it still bothers me.
    Anonymous

• I don't like to watch sad news like that on 9/11/2001 when the terrorist attacks happened in NYC I cried and cried I didn't know anyone who was there, but am so sensitive to all that sad news it really effected me in the worst way.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I had to turn off the news during katrina, so I know what you mean.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I know what you mean, I watch in in short time spans enough to keep me informed but it depresses me to no end.

Answer by older at 3:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I use to be like that until devastation hit home for me. I bared hurricane Katrina and dealt with the aftermath. I volunteered with search and rescue as a first responder and they trained us well on how to deal with things. They trained us to be apathetic and emotionless. Even though they trained us well they could not erase the screaming, horrific smell of death, and visual reminders of dead bloated corpses floating in the raw sewage.

I feel for the people of Haiti.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 4:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• It is very hard for my husband, he has only watched a few minutes at a time.

A9/11 occurred when I was 8 months into a very difficult pregnancy and just off a very horrible miscarriage and a week before my baby shower, I could not watch. On the one year anniversary I watched all the shows and news specials

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I guess I am just heartless bitch, because I really don't care. I don't think we should send money to them when there is so much that money can do here. We need the money for our country that has gone to shit, but they are going to send it somewhere else. Where were other countries when our country hits rock bottom..nowhere, but we are the first to "help" everyone else. All bull if you ask me.
    Anonymous

---------------------------------------------------

My that's charming. I find people with your opinion quite sad.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2010