Do you give your children pediasure?

If so what do you think of it? How often do you give it? What benefits does it have? And if not, then why? You just don't or for some other reasoning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, my kids have to eat food. I am not going to let them get a treat like a "shake" as a reward for not eating the real nutritious food that I prepare.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• my kids don't like it. i tried bc my son has gi problems that make him super picky eater
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• nope, IMO it just gives kids a reason not to eat so they can get their "chocolate milk"
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I am OP...I didn't mean to give it to kids as a replacement for food, I meant as a drink on the side.
    Anonymous

• My son eats alot, and it's healthy stuff. He is also active, never just sitting. He is almost 14, but, he only weighs about 85-87 lbs. He has always been underweight, like no body fat that I can tell. So, I have given it to him. But, only as a treat after he's eaten his good food.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• No, because my kids eat a healthy balanced diet. IMO it's unnecessary unless a child has dietary issues/feeding issues and the doctor recommends it for the child to gain weight.
    Anonymous

• Its not meant to be given as a drink on the side. My son eats a healthy well balanced diet and doenst need that stuff, i also think its gross.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• It is loaded with sugar, and who knows what else. I would never give it to a child.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I don't... even though my pediatrician recommended it since my daughter won't drink milk. But that's another issue we just hashed out on here... It's expensive on top of all the other stuff.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• My daughters GI doctor recommended it because she didn't gain 1 lb in a year...her peditrician said it was normal! Anyways we tried it for 3 weeks and she steadily gained weight. It was very expensive but i was so concenerned with my daughters weight. constant diarrehea, and distendend stomach that i was willing to try anything. She was tested for lactose intollerence, gluten resistance, etc. but nothing came back as being abnormal.

IMO i still think this all has something to do with her having surgery at 3 days old to correct an illeal atresia (malformed bowel).
    karissas-mom

Answer by karissas-mom at 10:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2010