Gestanional Diabetes: What Blood Glucose Device do y'all recommend??

Need to know asap. I have no clue and need to see what my insurance covers... Thanks.. :)

Barbara144

Asked by Barbara144 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ummm come again?
    Anonymous

• I loved my one touch ultra mini. You can get it in different colors- I chose pink! It small and easily fits into a purse. Mine came in a little case that held my test strips, extra lancets, my record book the tester and a pen. It was easy to test with and I got quick, easy to read results. Didn't take much blood to test. And for me, testing wasn't painful unless I went to far down onto the pad of my finger. Good luck and I hope this info helps! Let me know if you have more questions about it!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• my doc gave me FreeStyle Lite® Blood Glucose Monitoring System, my insurance covered that one. if you type in google free blood glucose monitors, you can get one for free, it comes in its case with test strips, i got my father in law one for free. it was one touch mini they let me choose the colors. gl.
    Anonymous

• Definitely the One Touch Mini or the Freestyle brands. They use such a small amount of blood. My daughter is a type one and we've been through a lot the Accucheck uses A LOT of blood.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 4:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2010