wat if u heard ur MIL sayn to ur 5 years old daughter :"if mami said she is the boss,u say no nana ..which is her name"

it is terrible,.. i wana put limits for my MIL ,but honestly iam scared and from wat i don't know.......do u think is it enough reason to make aproblem with her about wat she said to my daughter,,,coz i told my friend and she said all the MILs r like that...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• have your hubby step in
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I agree, have your husband be the one to tell her that's NOT okay... And it really isn't. She's undermining your authority! Believe me, not all MIL's are like that, mine knows I'd kick her out of the house if she ever tried something like that, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Don't be afraid to have a back bone when it comes to who's in charge of raising your kid...but yeah, I agree with PP, that hubby should deal with his own mother on your behalf - just like you would deal with your mom on his behalf.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 4:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• If my MIL told my daughter that, we would have issues. And I wouldn't be waiting for my hubby to say something. But, my MIL would never say that to me, she doesn't see her grandkids very often as it is.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• O hell no I would be pissed. I would've said as soon as I heard it "No, I am the boss, I'm her mother!" That's just me though. You should talk to your MIL though and tell her that you don't appreciate her telling your daughter that she is the boss and you're not. It's like she is telling your daughter that she doesn't have to listen to you just her.
    funmommy123

Answer by funmommy123 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Yea, that wouldn't fly so well with me if I heard that.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I DON'T CARE WHETHER MY HUBBY GET'S MAD OR NOT THE WAY I SEE IT IS THAT IM THE ONE THAT HAS TO GO HOME AND TAKE CARE OF MY CHILDREN AND DEAL WITH THEM ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS AND MY KIDS ARE GOING TO LISTEN TO ME NO MATTER IF MY MIL TELLS HER DIFFERENT I WOULD STRAIGHT UP TELL HER SOMETHING BECAUSE THAT IS NOT RIGHT YOU ARE THE ONE RAISING YOUR DAUGHTER NOT HER IF THE UR HUBBY TELLS HER SHE REALLY WONT CARE BECAUSE SHE SEE'S THAT YOUR SCARED TO CONFRONT HER...
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 8:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010