Small electrical shock at 22 weeks...

Ok, so the washer and dryer we have are pretty old, and if you touch them at the same time they will shock you (like a little ZAP you feel in the tip of your finger) I know this, and I absolutely had to do wash because my work clothes were in there, and I was distracted and got zapped, which normally is just annoying, but I was wondering if a small shock like that can do anything to the baby? If anyone knows or has had this happen to them...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope :) A little zap is totally fine. If you were electrocuted that would be different lol. I suggest checking the plugs and the outlets and making sure that they are up to code. You would hate for someone to be shocked and burned or even killed by a faulty washer or dryer. Usually an electrician will come out and give you a free estimate and tell you what's wrong, and if you're handy or know someone who is, you can sometimes do it yourself.

Good luck, and happy pregnancy!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Thats weird and annoying but you should be ok. My sister brushed her leg on an exposed baseboard wire when she was pregnant and everything was alright. Its scary and I wouldnt do it on a regular basis but you and baby should be ok.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• If you were startled but not injured, then you're both fine. I got zapped 2 days ago when we were working on the nursery. If you get shocked so hard you fall over or are unconscious, then you've got a problem.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2010