I just moved to a raciest town. Had no clue it was raciest. Now How do I make sure my kids do not become raciest. I want them to NOT judge by color,but by charecter

I live in a rural area where there's white kids in one school and native kids in another...The school district decided to build a new school and combine the kids.
The vote to build a new school was passed by a narrow margin. Now a group of parents are pissed because they don't want their kids going to a mixed school. So the local stores have a petition going to nix the new plan or they will send their kids to a new school.
I really had no idea that rural areas were so raciest. I came from a diverse area where people looked past color.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• children learn from example, make sure that you're teaching them that color doesnt matter and chances are they will grow up not being a racist. If you're religious, teach them from the bible and show them that God said to love your neighbor and that means everyone.
    Anonymous

• Run, don't walk. I don't care how much it costed me, I'd move my child out of that community as soon as possible.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• So.... send them to the mixed school...?
    Anonymous

• i dont think its going to be that easy as sending them to the school. its going to keep happening.and there going to keep fighting.people suck...just when you think we have gotten alittle beyond that .....and if you have to stay there teach your kids that you dont go along with the rest of the population.but kids hear things and form there own opinions.im telling you theres more to come.ive heard of parents that dont want to put there kids in with the special needs kids.it gets really awful...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010