the dvd player fell on his foot and his toe nail is BLACK!

my son was sitting on his chair with his feet on the shelf where the dvd player is. the shelf broke and the dvd player landed right on his big toe, and now the nail is completely black. his toe isn't broken, but he is in a lot of pain. he can walk around and all that but when it comes time to go to bed he is SOO uncomfortable. i think it's just when the blanket touches his foot it hurts. i gave him some motrin but that didn't seem to work. how can i make him more comfortable during bedtime? all i can come up with is putting socks on him. and he will NOT let me put ice on it. ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oh, I know how he feels I just dip the same 2 weeks ago with a picture frame. Hurt so bad. I personally took DH's hydrocodeine. I don't think thats ideal though. All you can do is motrin and tylenol. Have you tried to put his shoes on yet? I couldn't for a few days. Poor kid, maybe call your dr. and have them reccomend something for the next few days.
    Anonymous

• i hate that when that happens...my kids are always getting them black fingernails.

thats gonna last a long time. i guess put the blanket on him but uncover his foot? double sock it? wrap it up in paper towel? kids love it when you wrap things up like they got something broken.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2010