i need to see a therapist,,i feel a little stress,,i wana know does it help,did any body try it,,and is it expensive,,does the insurance cover it,,(excuse me for my english as a second language)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Health

• Therapy does help if you are a willing participant. I can tell you that you will drudge up things that you might want left buried, but it is good to work through your issues. It does help.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon. I would also like to add that you might want to consider some form of exercise. When your body feels good, it can help you to feel better too. It doesn't have to be much. It could be as simple as a walk around the block just to get out and do something.
    Good luck to you.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Congrats on realizing you need to talk to someone it took me a very long time to come to grips(started having Panic Attacks) with that. I found my therapist(non drug prescribing) about 3 years ago and she is awesome it's nice to talk to someone who is not going to judge you by what comes out of your mouth and some weeks I actually feel like I am just going to talk to a "friend" because I have nothing to gripe about. I also practice Yoga, and walking as my forms of exercise as a continuation of Therapy.Most insurance companies do have a "mental Health" plan some are better then others some you have to use "hospital" based therapist(not always the best they pretty much prescribe Medicine and send you on your way at least that is what they tried to do to me) some Therapists can be quite expensive but they mostly work on a sliding scale payment rate.See what your insurance covers and go from there Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• Insurance should cover it. Counseling only works if you are willing to do what is necessary to make it work. A good counselor will give you the skills to help yourself. It is not a counselor's job to fix your problems but to help you fix them on your own.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• And I agree with anon,& Phoenix, Therapy is good when someone needs to get some kind of help for stress, and other things.Some people say keep your buissness at home, but if the people at home are part of the problem you may need to seek help out of the home.A therapist can be a good mediator for couples too.Also exercise too is awsome and GREAT for depression also.Just a simple walk a day can make a difference in ones life.Healthy eating habbits to snacking on crap all day can add stress, put them all together and what do you get, BALANCE, yeahhh for balance,.
    Anonymous

• Therapy can be very helpful! Try to check out therapist that have experience with what you are dealing with. Some are better with anxiety/depession, others abetter for kids, marriage, abuse..so look in the phone book and see if they say any of their specialties. Insurance usually pays for some of it, it is differrent for each policy and you hav eto ask the doctor if they take your insurance. it is very smart to see a therapist when u need answers or help with certain feelings. I am glad you ar ethinking of doing that!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2010