How to do kegels?

I've been reading about them and "trying" since my pregnancy 2 years ago. IDK if I've ever done them right. How do you know for sure? What's your favorite kegel position?

change.is.good

Asked by change.is.good at 4:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• You can get a weight set that will help. Then you'll know you are doing it right. They are easy to order online.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I prefer to do them standing but sitting is fine too. How to do them....have you ever tried to stop a stream of urine? It is the exact same muscle tightening as that. You should feel a tightening in the "figure 8" of muscles that go around your urethra and your rectum, crossing at the perineum right in the middle.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• this sounds weird, but just clench your butthole and your vaginal muscles will automatically flex. you will feel it! just clench and hold it for as long as you can and then clench again....im doing them right now lol
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Try doing it while going pee- squeeze your muscles to cut off the flow of urine. This is a kegel- once you know what isolating that muscle group feels like, you'll be able to tell you're doing it right. Then you can do it anytime... sitting in traffic, bored in a meeting... whatever! LOL!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2010