Is it okay to work my stomach every time I workout?

I do arms one day, legs the next & the next is just cardio. But I do the ab machine at the gym ever time I workout. Is this okay? I have heard doing too much can make it stick out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You shouldn't do strength on any muscle group two days in a row because you're more likely to get hurt.
    Anonymous

• As long as you aren't horribly sore, you can work the abs every day.
    Anonymous

• Abs are the only muscle group you can work daily. All other muscles need to "rest" for 48 hours. It won't stick out. Fat sticks out, not muscle.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• You can work your abs as much as you want. They recover much faster than other muscles. Just make sure you're eating a clean, healthy diet and you won't have anything sticking out lol.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 4:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• try doing cardio every day if you can, i run the treadmill at least 5 days a week and do strength training 2-3 times per week. Abs can be worked eeryday but you should give yoursefl one day per week for rest. My trainer and doctor both told me a minimum of 1 day between strength training once my body is used to it but to start off they suggest 2 days between trainings.

Doing cardio at least 5 days per week is good for kicking your metabolism into high gear it helps your body continue to work even while resting.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2010