i need ur help

My 18 month old son has been really whinny lately and has been grabbing at his diaper when he pees. I thought that maybe he was just starting to show that dirty diapers bother him and him becoming more aware but today he woke up with a 103 temp. he is drinking ALOT!! so far he has had about 6 since noon and it is now 4. he is also wetting more which i contribute to the increase of fluids. he is fussier and is napping more. he is still grabbing at his diaper...the motrin seems to help for a little at least it has brought his temp to the 99's and 100's....what do you all think?? Er now since doc is closed or wait it out... his doc is open on sunday again...

8firsttimemom8

Asked by 8firsttimemom8 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son gets very acidic urine while teething which also comes with a high fever, and yes,. i know certain dr.s will disagree and say fever's and teething aren't related but they always have been with my son. So he gets itchy by his pee area, I give him oatmeal baths to help with the itching. My son has always been a bit fussy though so I don't know..he started getting his molars at 18 months.. that's why I say it could be that
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Maybe he has a UTI? I don't know. Definitely keep up with the fluids and give him some Infant Tylenol for any pain he may be having down there and for his fever and call the ER. I hope he feels better soon!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i say go to er. 103 is high for his age
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• You know your baby. Is 103 high for him? For my son 103 isn't that high, he runs high fevers though. For my son I would probably wait until the dr. opens on sunday.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• sounds like a possible uti - maybe call the on call doc and tell them whats going on and see what they say
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2010