If your family member was killed in a disaster

would you want images of their corpse beamed live via satelite while a reporter stood nearby talking about how horrible it was?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh god no...but that is what gets ratings these days...the more gruesome and graphic the better for most people. It's sad. I don't want to see dead children.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• No, I would not, but it is completely legal and you have to fight HARD to prevent them from airing them. My cousin died in Iraq and I would be devistated if they had shown him in his last moments. When the AP said they were going to release Lance Corporal Joshua Bernard's picture of him dieing in Afghanistan the family pleaded with the AP and they STILL posted it! You won't get much sympathy for those whom want to see the blood the gore. They will tell you it is being "real" and allowing the people to "understand" the full effect of such circumstances. It is the most disrespectful thing the press does.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I am related to one of Charles Mansons victims. You can find pictures of their bodies online and I think that is disgusting. My mother has never recovered from the loss of her sibling and finds it so pathetic her siblings photo is always shown in association with such a vile person. It happens you deal with it and hope people will respect your families grieving and healing process. Many don't and their lust to see blood and death overshadows anything that would tell them looking and searching for pictures of dead people is gross. We know the person who releases the pictures has no soul society needs to prove they do and not look at them.
    Anonymous

• I lost someone in 9/11. There's just nothing you can do about it, though I don't like it.
    Anonymous

• I think that is the true definition of vulgar.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2010