I'm loosing my hair!!

Litterally, I'm fatuiged, I'm loosing my hair, and having a major struggle with weight despite diet and exersize. Many more things but theese are the most upsetting to me. Fat and bald is not a look I want to go for. LOL
I was thinking hypothyroidism, but my TSH level was normal.
Anyone else been trhough this? What was it?
I am starting to get really upset about it, I am only 29, not old enough to use age as an excuse.
Thanks

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Health

• Look up PCOS lossing hair and gaining weight is a part of it. My friend just found out she has this and is seeing a Dr about it.i don't know what they are doing but I would talk to you Dr. about what is going on.
    Anonymous

• See your doctor. Many things can cause your symptoms....Thyroid, anemia, to name a couple.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Thyroid was my first though too. If you only had one thyroid test you might want to consider getting a more thourough panel done by a specialist (TSH, T3, T4, free T4). My fertility doctor referred me to a thyroid specialist because my TSH showed up very slightly off normal. When the other thyroid tests were run, it turned out my thyroid was severely out of whack. The one test that most doctors run will catch most, but not all thyroid problems. If your doctor doesn't have answers or isn't willing to pursue more tests find a new doctor. If it isn't thyroid, it might be some other endocrine function. You really should have a complete set of blood tests run to see if anything appears abnormal.
    Anonymous

• I've had the same problem. I was tested for thyroid first, but everything came back normal. Then I was tested for anemia and found out that was the culprit, along with my BC. Talk to your dr about being tested for anemia or something along those lines. That's what it could be, especially if you're cold all the time.
    Anonymous