Can I give my 10 month old cow's milk?

Should I start mixing it with formula now? Or should I wait until he is a year old? What did you do? Mix it? Or switch cold turkey?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mix a little with some formula. That is when I started giving my son milk. If no reactions occur, continue doing it. I mixed for a couple weeks, then switched.

Try to give formula and milk in sippy cups, too.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 5:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• No. 1 year.
    Anonymous

• No, not before 1 year. I breastfed and never gave my children milk to drink. I have human children not baby cows!

Cow's milk can cause constipation, problems with anemia, weight problems, and other medical problems. Cow's milk formula is just to try and get infants that don't get human milk to survive the first year. Children don't need the milk of cows, pigs, dolphins, or any other mammal.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I started mixing one once of cows milk to my daughter formula at 10 1/2 months. (my son was lactose intolerant so i'm getting a head start). She also eats regular table food very well...all 3 meals plus snacks...so she's getting enough of what she needs. Doc says its fine.She's doing good on it..no probs.In another week I'm going to up it to 2 ounce. By the time she's one..she'll be weaned from formula and be okay with the different taste. Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i went from breast milk to water. we don't do cows milk...it is not natural. dairy is the #1 food intolerance/ allergen. your body can get calcium a lot easier from plant sources than from cow milk.
    just a little food for thought!
    good luck with your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I gave my son milk at 9 months or so. He didn't like the bottle or breastfeeding. He took to it pretty quick and easy and have been ever since.
    night__wolf_

Answer by night__wolf_ at 9:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2010