so it came down to me calling the cops did i do the right thing?

i told my so called friend time and time again not to come over and esp not to bring over the guy raped me in 2004. she is dating him now. well i thought that they gave up on trying to come over. a week b4 xmas i told her they they show up again cops will be called and i will take what ever legal action i can. they showed up last night again so i called the cops and today i talked to victims assistance and the lady is helping me file charges on the "friend" and her bf, the guy who raped me. come to find out the friend was served papers while at work, she works for social services and now may loose her job. like i told the cops and victims lady i dont know what else to do and i should have to move to get away from these people. me and my husband told them god only knows how many times to LEAVE us alone and they didnt listen. we changed ALL of our phone numbers and email addresses it was either move or press charges.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• if she was a true friend she'll never date a guy the raped my friend or just anyone, she is sick to be with a guy like that, you was being nice by telling her not to pass by with him, and she didnt listen, i would press chargers, im in shock your husband never beat the hell out of him for even having having the balls to show his face, i would do what ever it take for the both of them to go to jail, you have a family to protect.. and your firend i wouldent even care if she lost her job... SHE'S NOT YOUR FRIEND...
    dont feel bad about doing this, He sure didnt feel bad by raping you and she sure didnt feel bad by disrespecting you..]
    GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH, do what ever it takes for you and you family to be safe aagin!!!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• They are harassing you. You had every right to do what you did. She should have known better. The most important thing that you can do is to make yourself, your husband, and your children feel safe. That is part of being a mother.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 5:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• You did the right thing. Don't feel bad that she lost her job. She was breaking the law by harassing you. You didn't force her to break the law. You're a good mom. You put the safety of your family first.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• You did the right thing!!! DOn't let ANYONE tell you diff!!!
    So sorry you had to deal with all this.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Okay, SHE is NOT your friend on any level. That is horrible. You did the right thing and maybe this time she'll damn well listen to you. People are awful!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Why did they come over? What was their reason for showing up after you told them not to?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Thats messed up that your so called friend would put you in a situation like that. You warned her so it's not your fault at all it's her fault for being ignorant enough to ignore what you say and to keep bringing this guy around you time and time again, and it's also messed up that she would go ahead and date a rapist.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• op here

her reason was her bf, the guy who raped me, was depressed that he couldnt see me anymore. i told her i dont fing care about her bf feelings he obviously didnt give a shit about mine. i even showed her dr and hospital reports that i kept after the rape he cracked both of my wrist and i still to this day have problems with them, when its cold they hurt and they are swollen every morning and not the mention the emotional damage that was caused, he broke into my house and raped me in my own bed with my 2 at the time son in the next room. even after i showed her all the records i had she said well i still dont believe it then had the nerve to say i was the one with the problem. thats when i said F-you to the friend and told her stay away.
    Anonymous

• If she looses her job it is her problem and not your fault. They were warned a lot more times than I would have given. You were clear they were not welcome. Their actions...their consequences.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Good for you calling the cops. She is no kind of friend. Hopefully she will lose her job over this, what she and your rapists are doing is harassment and they should be reported for it. Hopefully this will be a wakeup call for them and it will keep them away from you!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2010