Whats your opinion???

If my son doesn't eat his lunch he gets nothing till we eat dinner. So usually around 5:30 he starts looking for cookies or junk to munch on. And of course the answer is no. My hubby has no problem eating a snack in front of him knowing its driving him nuts and I think its wrong. What do you think am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd keep his lunch that he doesn't eat and offer it as a snack. Part of it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• no you are not wrong at all my husband does the same thing and my son knows which parent to 'play' he always goes to my husband because when i say no i mean no.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• You aren't wrong and I don't think hubby is either. If your kids don't eat, it isn't hubby's fault that he DID eat his lunch and gets a snack. Just explain to the kids "If you would eat your lunch, you would get a snack too"
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• most kids get a snack between lunch and dinner - my son is in 1st grade and they still have a time for snack at school
    I would say maybe if he doesnt eat lunch that luch turns into his snack or a peice of fruit - definatly no junk food, but I think that kiddo should get something to eat
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• so when your son doesn't eat his lunch, you also want to punish your husband by not allowing him a snack because your son will see it? That's wrong to do to your hubby.
    Anonymous

• Why are you starving your son if he doesn't eat lunch? His body isn't run by a clock. He will eat when he is hungry. If he doesn't eat at 12 maybe he will want to eat at 1 or 2.
    America is the only country I have lived in (I have traveled alot) where people let their entire lives be run by the clock. There are more important things in this life than what time it is.
    Anonymous

• If my LO doesn't eat what she is given then she will have eat what she didn't eat as a snack later. You may ask your hubby that if he is going to eat a snack to please do it out pf sight of your son.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I think its cruel to expect a child to stay that long without food and i also think its asking for food related issues later in life. Ofcourse the kid wants cookies then, the child is probably starving.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Why not just have healthy food and snacks available to him through out the day? Like a few others have said, maybe he isnt hungry at the time you want him to eat lunch, maybe an hour or 2 later he WILL be hungry so why not have his lunch or some other healthy snack readily available for him to eat when he IS hungry? Apples, bananas, carrots, turkey meat, pb&j sandwiches ect are all good for him and can be eaten anytime.....just a suggestion for you instead of making your child go hungry for so long.

jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Depends on how old your kid is. Why you can't offer a healthy snack is another good question. Most children eat a snack before dinner.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2010