Jaywalking with Children?

Do you jaywalk with your children? Do you yell out of your car window at people who do? Do you ignore them altogether and just shake your head? Or do you think there's nothing wrong with it?

Where I live there are laws that state that if you hit someone who's jaywalking, the person driving the car is not liable. I have a habit of shouting at jaywalkers from my car, often it's just "It's LEGAL to hit you!" But when they have little kids with them, or strollers, I lose my temper and often shout "Get your effing kids out of the road!!!" What is your reaction to people who jaywalk with kids?

AnnieMcD

Asked by AnnieMcD at 5:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No i dont jay walk. I did see this lady last year going across the street with her travel system stroller. the baby was in the carseat on top of the stroller. she just Jay walked and i was in shock because a car could of came out of nowhere... I always use the cross walk and i hate when my kids let go of my hands. I look like a crazy woman when i yell at them to hold my hands and to lets go and walk faster LOL but i dont care... safety first!
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 7:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• okay,lol, i somtimes do it. with my son in the strollers, but i dont just jump out in the middle of the street and start walking, the red light will be on and if i dont see anycars i go for it,,...
    remember some people are in a hurry and need to get to places fast,.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• We dont have this issue where im from...really there arent cross walks or anything ANYWHERE!! except school districts...its not an area made for walking or even bikes, kind of sad...but i do get aggrivated when people just roll out in front of my car!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• It's so not safe! I wish it was legal to hit them. I wonder if it is here. Stupid people. I'll honk and give a disapproving look, but won't shout out the window.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2010