"Mom, my "nuggets" itch!!!"(TMI?)

OK, I know this may seem stupid, but my son is ten and I think he's starting to go through puberty. He's got some "peach fuzz" on his "nuggets". I know this because he has a mole on his scrotum that I have to check every so often to make sure it doesn't get worse(until I can get his doc to remove it!!!), so before you all ask or those snooty ones say,"Oh well what were you doing looking at his private parts, blah, blah, blah...."(I'm the mom, yo, that's my job!)
Anywhooooooooo, his been complaining of his "itchy nuggets" for about a week now and I was wondering those with "tweens or teen boys" went through this with their sons?

Starfire73

Asked by Starfire73 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• thats funny.. I have a 2 year old boy so I am not sure but I now when I shave and my hair grows in, it itches down there.. maybe he's just getting more hair and its tickling?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Hahaha sorry I'm just giggling immaturely at the word "nuggets" lol. I have to agree with maxsmom? Maybe its because of the hair growth down there? Or did you switch laundry detergents or body wash/soap recently? Maybe one of those is too harsh for his skin. Could be he's sweating "down there" and his clothes are rubbing, or maybe his skin is dry. It could really be a number of things...
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• ask your MIL if you have a good relationship with her. I agree with PP it could be many things. Try powder and see if it is the sweat. But if it is peach fuzz then my guess would be hair growth or a combination of that and the sweat.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I don't really talk to my ex monster in law. I'm hoping it's just the peach fuzz doing it. I haven't changed soaps or detergents or anything.
    I'll try powder. He wears boxers. Maybe it's the t-shirt material kind that's making him "sweat" down there.
    Ya, when I was teaching him the "body parts names" we picked out "nuggets" instead of saying "balls".lol
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Tell him to wash his BALLS everynight and to put some baby powder in his underwear to cut down on the itching from the hair growing on his balls. He is also plenty old enough to be using the correct terms for his body parts.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2010

• We don't USE the term "BALLS"!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2010