I truly don't undersand. How old were you and do you wish you had waited?

I recently posted a journal about reasons to wait until marriage for sex. I included a poll. I honestly am dumbfounded by the number of people who did not wait and think that their life before marriage has no impact on their marriage, guilt, or hearts.

I don't judge people who didn't wait - but I do wish more people were more thoughtful about it.

What do you think? -- Check out my journal if you would and take the poll!

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 5:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I was 14 and yes I wish I had waited longer...but not until I was married. I couldn't wait until I was married to have sex, because wether people admit it or not...sex is a big part of any relationship....and I don't want to commit to someone, and marry them, without knowing if we are even compatable in bed. Thats my input. I'm 20 now...two kids, two different dads...not married...and I'm happy as ever. Everyone has different ways of living life. I'm not religious by any means..and I respect those who have their own beliefs...these are mine.
    Anonymous

• yeah, I wish I wasn't 12 when I had sex first, I wished I waited but the older i got, the worse decisions I actually made. I had to grow up SO much in other area's. but I am thankful for my experiences now and like who I've turned out to be..I wish I could be Me 15 years ago but that's not likely without all the stupid shit I did.
    Anonymous

• I took your poll... and posted a response. If you don't understand, that's your right, but you just have to realize that not everybody feels the same way about everything. I was 15 when I lost my virginity, and honestly, it really wasn't a big deal to me. I've always loved sex. Yes, sex with somebody you love is better, no doubt about that. But I've had some pretty sensational sex with somebody I liked, but didn't love, too! To me, sex is something enjoyable and a natural thing, not something sacred and holy.

And, like I said in your journal, I wouldn't buy a car without a test drive, and I certainly wouldn't commit myself to a man without doing the same. Sexual compatibility is a MUST.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I waited until a week before my 19th bday before I had sex. I think I did very well and I don't regret a thing. :)
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I wish I had been older or with someone more "special" but I don't think I would have wanted to wait till I was married. Besides, it would have been pretty odd being a nearly 27 year old virgin.
    Anonymous

• I was 18, some ways I do wish I had waited, but I've talked about it with my husband and he's said he's glad I didn't wait. We've been very open and honest about our lives before each other including our sex lives. Really though it doesn't have an impact on our marriage, neither of us feel guilt about it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I was 19, and we were engaged. its almost 14 years later and we're still together.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I was 2 days from my 18th birthday and I wish I waited even though my boyfriend at the time I ended up going out with him for 3 years, but at the time I thought I was going to be with him forever and when your young thats just a way of thinking, but now if I could take it back I would, but just like pp said I would want to know if I was sexually compatable with a person before taking the big step of marriage, there is alot to a marriage but sex plays a big role too.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• well, i was molested as a child so i started having sex at the young age of 12. ...I wish i would have waited but i don't necessarily wish that i would've waited until marriage. I learned a lot about myself and about sex thanks to my last 3 partners and i can't imagine trying to go through all that learning with only one man. I'm happy that i already know what i like and want in sex and my husband and i can explore the funnier aspects of sex together.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2010