I FEEL A NATURAL HIGH

Hello cafemom i just recently had a baby he is a month old however sense I have had him,I feel like i have taken some kind of medication.I am very forgetful my words get tangled up which makes me feel slow lol.I feelvery abnormal.I get dizzy at times as well.I bust out in tears just different things is this normal.Thanks and if you are going to be negative please don't respond

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would talk with your doc. It sounds like there might be a bit of a hormonal imbalance. The dizziness would have me concerned.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• yes sounds pretty normal to me, it takes sometime for your hormones to readjust after you have a baby, congrats to you on your new arrival, don't worry it'll (your emotions) will get better, hang in there!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• lol. i have never felt like that, if you really dont like whats going with you, then try talking with your doctor.
    & and congrats new mommy!!!
    good luck!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• when i was alot younger i used to smoke weed, and there will be times when i would smoke and then the next day i still felt high and the next wired right???
    have you been taking anything that will make you high, but for some reason your feeling it now???
    Anonymous

• um, I still lose my words and get all jumbled of where am i and what the heck am I doing, I was told that is called "mommy brain" you are adding so much more worry, love, guilt and all over feelings with overwhelming, tired and stressed mixed in there, you are bound to forget some normal everyday things. but the dizziness and over emotional, well, your hormones are in whack yet,. talk to your Doc and let them know how you are feeling
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• 1 - hormones 2 - sleep deprived
    welcome to mommyhood :)

if it gets worse or is really bothering you though talk to your doc

congrats on the baby!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I think that what you are feeling is more normal than anyone will want you to believe. I call it "mommy brain". The bursting out in tears and dizziness should subside soon. It is different for everyone. I wish you luck. If you seem overly concerned about anything then call your doc and go get checked.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Sounds pretty normal to me. I felt that way after every one of my babies.
    As others said, if it gets worse or is really bothering you, talk to your doctor. But normally it does subside on it's own over time.
    Anonymous

• It has been proven that you do lose brain cells after giving birth....
    Anonymous

• you loose brain cells while your pregnant too so yeah the hormones are all crazy right now i didnt feel like that aftr my ds an he's almost 4 months now all i feel is tired lol but just let your doc know whats goin on and he'll tell you if it's normal or not
    Anonymous