how can one call themself Christian and still agree with killing an unborn baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well i don't think being a christian has anything to do with thinking its okay to kill an unborn baby. I think in any religion that opinion makes you a horrible person. How can you call your self human if you'd think to kill an innocent unborn child.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 6:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• To tell the truth, It is a difference of opinion as to when the fetus becomes a baby. I personally feel that until the fetus is viable gestation that it isn't a baby, it is a parasite. Does that mean that people don't feel anguish at the loss of a baby? No, that means they feel for the loss of the potential of the baby.
    Anonymous

• I believe in abortion but only under certain circumstances for instance if a woman is raped i think she should be able to do what she wants to but as far as a woman using it as a form of birth control then that is totally and utterly wrong and disgusting. by the way i am catholic, not like it matters just stating my opinion.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• How can anyone be a a christian or call themselves a christian and stand in judgement of other people? Would I get an abortion? NO. But who am I to say what other people should do, they can answer to God not me.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Would it make the Christian feel better to have a crackhead carry her baby to term so it can be born addicted and suffer withdrawals? Or if a woman who knows she can't handle a child but has it anyway only to crack under the pressure and murder it? In some cases, abortion is a mercy. I'd rather a 7 week embryo be aborted than an infant killed. Nerve endings don't develop until the second trimester. Better painless and before it becomes aware than painful.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• So your saying if you asked god ify ou should have abortion and he said YES...you would?!?!? Are you insane. Thats like saying this little girl got ran over by her neighbor in my area and all her grandma had to say about it was... well that was god's plan... you are okay with GOD wanting to take your child? Or spouse? or anyone special to you? You want to worship someone that will take whoever they please whenever they want, even if their time isn't up??? I'm sorry but that sounds stupid as hell. I would never do that, but then again that is why i am atheist. And about being rapped and having an abortion, you can't have certain circumstances, it either has to be you can or you can't. I understand if you get rapped and get prego that would be horrible and i would never want to go thru that, but that baby still did nothing, was brought into this world for the wrong reasons, why not just give the baby up for adoption?? Makes sen
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 6:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• How can anyone be a a christian or call themselves a christian and stand in judgement of other people? Would I get an abortion?

They can do this by reading the bible where it says to judge?

im jus sayin
    Anonymous

• Very simple. Almost no one is "okay" with the act of abortion. It's the freedom to do so that we fight for. While I am not Christian, I don't believe I could abort. I, in fact, will not use IUDs or some other forms of birth control because they allow the egg to fertilize. This to me is abortion, just without ever knowing you were pregnant... To me if you are okay with those why not be okay with abortion. But again it's something that each person has to live with in their own way. I am very against abortion, but I do understand that there are situations where abortion is the best option, where it does and can save lives and where it is the best option for everyone involved. Personally I think that it's a choice every woman/family should get to make for themselves.

I do not "agree" with abortion - I agree that we should have the freedom to choose what happens to our bodies - legally.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Wow, somebody is just looking to start drama, asking a stupid question like this... Does it make you feel good and pious on the inside to call us pro-choicers baby killers? Sorry, but until it is viable, I don't consider a fetus a baby... And even though I'm far from "pro-abortion" (nobody is), I think in some cases it's the best option... I do like the question how you can consider yourself a Christian and stand in judgement of other people. I'm curious to hear your answer to that one.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• **Wow, somebody is just looking to start drama, asking a stupid question like this**

WOW this stupid response shows someone looking for drama

**Does it make you feel good and pious on the inside to call us pro-choicers baby killers? **

Does it make you feel good to call someone stupid or vile?

Anonymous